Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Swirl-y Dresses

I'd love to have a real Swirl as much as the next gal, but I just can't make myself pay what they're going for right now.  Enter McCall 1596.  This certainly isn't the only Swirl-like wrap dress pattern out there.  I have a couple others myself actually, but I just fell in love with this one.  Once again, I couldn't believe I got it last night without so much as another bidder trying for it.  Yay!!  Hopefully, I'll soon have a few "Swirls" for the price of what one goes for on ebay!


Share:

3 comments:

  1. I have a swirl. It's fabulous and all...but it's a cotton day dress. When I put it on, I look at the tag and think "yay" but that's about it! No one stops me on the street and says "Excuse me, Miss? Is that s Swirl?" I think I'll be making my own as well. Swirls are funny things because many of them are downright HIDEOUS! They are a strange color, obnoxious print, etc. Mine is pretty crazy but the colors are nice enough that it doesn't look too wild! I agree, the DIY option, is the best!! I've been thinking about making a pattern from my swirl. If I find any decent "Swirl" buttons, I'll let you know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, some of them are pretty obnoxious, but then some have really adorable fabrics! Making a pattern from the one you have is a terrific idea. Shouldn't be too difficult to trace. I'd love to know if you find some good swirl buttons too! If I find some, I'll let you know as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit I prefer the Princess Peggy house dresses to the Swirls. They even made a wrap version like it called "Pop-O".

    This is a cute pattern, can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete