Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I've done it!

I've taken the plunge, and made an appointment for a perm!  I'm very excited, but unfortunately, have to wait until the 12th because my husband will be out of town for work this weekend.  While I've had perms before, that was in the 1980's, and I was going for a different look back then!  I really hope this succeeds in giving me the body I need and keeping some kind of decent curl in my hair in this humidity.  If anyone has any tips about what I should tell the stylist to do, I'd love to hear them.  Right now I'm just thinking I'll tell them to use the biggest rollers they've got.

We went out to Retro 101 on Memorial Day and found a dining set.  I think we finally found most everything we needed. Yay!  Here's a pic of me and Simon as we're about to head out the door.   Before my hair started to deflate!

Late 30's Green Plaid House Dress : Brimfield Antique Show
Green Greta Wedges : Remix Vintage Shoes
1930's Scottie Dog Pin : Antique Store (I've forgotten where...)
Magnolia Hair Flower : Made By Me


Share:

8 comments:

  1. Love that dress! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It is one of my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is the cutest by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the last time I had a perm I brushed my hair while dryer...big mistake. Good luck with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you ask the stylist for a body wave to accomplish this they will use bigger rollers than for the perms they did in the 80's this is a good way to make sure you don't end up with poodle perm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog! You are just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to everyone for all the lovely comments!

    @ Gypsy: hehe...I can imagine! I've been warned to dry it with a diffuser if I use a blow dryer and to kind of press it against the hair while all scrunched up, but so far I've just let it air dry.

    ReplyDelete