Thursday, May 27, 2010

Today's Outfit and Attack of the Killer Humidity!

I was going to post about my first etsy listing that I put up last night... but it already sold!  I've also been planning on that latest furniture finds post, but I haven't taken the pics yet.  So, I decided to write about today's outfit for our trip to the zoo.  Please forgive my sad looking hair in the picture.  I swear it was nice and curly when I left the house, but  now it just looks sad and droopy.  I think I'm going to get it cut a tad shorter next time I go in and plan to discuss a perm with the colorist at my appointment on Saturday.   Even when it's not horribly humid like it is here today, my hair isn't the best at holding a curl, and with the humidity here, it didn't stand a chance!

Anyhow, here I am by the Rhino enclosure.  I love nautical themes and red, white and blue.  I'm guessing this dress, bolero and belt set are from the late 50's/early 60's.  Definitely homemade, but by an excellent seamstress.  White 40's wedge sandals.  You'll probably notice the lack of accessories and a purse.  Most of the time my "purse" right now is a diaper bag, and most of my vintage accessories don't last long when toting around my 14 month old.  I get nervous that he's going to pull them off and drop them somewhere when I'm not looking.

Dress : The Future Antiques, St. Louis, MO
Shoes : La Rosa Vintage, San Francisco, Ca



Share:

3 comments:

  1. My hair does the same thing! No matter what hair spray I use my curls always fail. I just always seem to go with a beehive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sooo adorable, unfurling curls and all!

    ReplyDelete