Monday, May 17, 2010

My First Post

Howdy! Prolly no one is actually reading this, but have to start out somewhere, right? My husband, son and I just recently moved to St. Louis, and I decided this would be a good time to start a blog too. Most likely it will be full of vintage discoveries, sewing projects, etsy postings (if I ever get around to listing stuff!), and random thoughts. Not sure that I have anything to share in a tutorial that hasn't already been covered somewhere, but it would be fun to do a tutorial sometime.

I love vintage and have been collecting and wearing vintage forties and fifties for about 15 years. I tend to prefer early forties when it comes to dress and mid-century modern when it comes to decorating, although the apartment is a mix of eras as far as furniture goes because I just like too many different things and have a hard time sticking to one era! I suppose it looks like someone's house who got new things here and there over time and not a whole house full of furniture at one time in one style. I'm currently relearning how to decorate with a one year old in the house who's favourite thing in the world is the get into things he shouldn't!

Sewing is one of my favourite things and one that I haven't gotten to do for awhile due to above mentioned one year old and lack of space. Now that we've moved, I finally have a sewing room and hope to get back to making more again.

Anyhoo... that's it for now. Tootles! :)

Share:

2 comments:

  1. It's so nice to see you again, Jennifer! I'm glad to hear you are doing well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amanda! I was kinda out of the loop for awhile. I'm glad to see you're doing so well too. Your modeling sure has taken off!

    ReplyDelete