So the overalls are coming along. They're actually going pretty quickly -- when I get the chance to sew. Thing is, I don't get that much sewing time. Mostly during naps. I got the buttons in the mail the other day, and as you can see in the picture, they don't match after all. Darn monitor. Anyway, I'm kinda rethinking red now even though I had originally nixed it as an option. I need nine buttons, so the smaller ones in the picture, which are the correct size, won't work. I have exactly nine of the larger dark red buttons, but they are bigger than the pattern calls for. Think I'll see if they'll work anyway.
I decided to underline the bodice with a lightweight cotton broadcloth I had in my stash, because the linen/rayon softened up quite a bit after laundering.